1. Why should I use the online application system?
By applying online you do not have to find a local sponsor in Bahrain, and will receive a response in just a few days.
You can also submit all the required documents, information and pay for visa fees from home.
If your visa application is approved, we will forward the visa copy through email on your registered email ID.
2. When can I apply for a visa?
You can apply for a visa a maximum of 30 days and a minimum of 4 working days before you travel.
Gulf Air and VFS Global recommend you to apply for your visa well in advance of travel.
3. Do I need to apply for a visa at the same time as I book my tickets?
No: you can apply for a visa any time up to 4 working days before you travel. You can access the online visa application system any time through the Manage Booking section www.gulfair.com
4. Is it compulsory to use this service to apply for a Bahrain visa when travelling to Bahrain?
No: you can use this or any other visa service, or ask a relative in Bahrain to apply for a visa on your behalf.
5. Will I definitely get a visa if I apply online? If I get a visa, am I guaranteed entry in Bahrain?
The decision to grant entry visas for Bahrain is entirely at the discretion of the country’s immigration authorities – Gulf Air / VFS Global cannot guarantee that your visa application will be accepted.
The granting of a visa does not guarantee entry in Bahrain, the final decision is made by immigration officers at the point of entry.
6. Once I am issued a visa can I travel by another airline?
If the visa holder arrives on any airline other than Gulf Air, the immigration authorities may refuse the visa holder entry into Bahrain as the sponsor is Gulf Air.
7. What is the procedure to apply for a Bahrain visa online?
To apply for a Bahrain visa online you must have a valid and confirmed ticketed booking for Bahrain on Gulf Air. You can start the application process on www.gulfair.com.
You can then select the portion of the journey for which a visa is required, and the name(s) of the passenger(s) applying for a visa, before providing the details and documents required to process the application, along with payment.
After your application is complete, we will contact you within 4 working days with the results of your visa application.
8. How long does it take to get a visa?
Provided all required documents are submitted correctly, visas are normally issued within 4 working days of your application.
9. How much does it cost to apply for a visa?
The visa types and related fees are published on the homepage.
All charges are payable in US Dollars.
10. What documents do I need to apply? Do all family members need to submit documents?
Every passenger requiring a visa will need to submit the following documents, in electronic and coloured format:
The main applicant for each application will also need to submit:
In addition, the following supporting documents, if available, will help in obtaining a visa, and can be submitted during the application process, under the ‘Additional Documents’ category
In some cases, other supporting documents, such as marriage certificates, etc., may also be required: we will contact you directly if this is the case.
12. Why can’t I select passengers when I try to continue with my visa application?
If you have already submitted applications for passengers, you will not be able to select them again – these passengers will be greyed out.
12. My passport is expiring soon – can I still get a visa?
The Kingdom of Bahrain requires all visitors to have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival. If your passport is valid for less than 6 months, you will need to renew it before you can apply for a visa.
13. Do children or infants need a visa?
Yes. All passengers, including children and infants must have a visa to enter Bahrain. This also includes infants travelling on parents’ laps. We are unable to process visas for children endorsed on parent’s passports.
14. How will I receive my visa?
All visas are sent by email, to the email address given in your application.
15. Do I have to submit my passport for stamping before I travel?
No: you will receive an electronic visa, which does not require anything to be stamped on your passport ahead of travel. All visa copies are sent by email.
You should print a copy of your e-visa and carry it with you when you travel to Bahrain.
16. If I want to stopover in Bahrain on both my outward and return trips, do I need a visa for each stopover?
Yes, if you are applying for a single entry visa.
No, if you are applying for a multiple entry visa
17. How can I track the status of my visa application?
When you complete your visa application, you will receive a confirmation email with a link – this will allow you to track your visa application process at any time. You can also track your application by going to www.bahrainvisaservice.com, and clicking on “track your application”.
We will send you an email once your visa application has been approved or rejected, or if additional information is required.
18. Why was my visa application rejected?
Unfortunately, the Kingdom of Bahrain’s Immigration authorities do not give reasons for rejecting visa applications, so we cannot provide specific reasons as to why your application was unsuccessful.
19. Will my visa fees be refunded if my application is rejected?
All visa fees, service fees and incidentals charged (if any) are non-refundable for all applications, including unsuccessful applications.
20. If my visa application is rejected, can I apply again?
Yes, you can reapply if your visa application is rejected but with a different booking reference number.
21. On the Application Request page, “Application initiated” appears next to my name? What does this mean?
This means You have already initiated an online application. You should have received an email containing your web reference number which will allow you to complete your application.
You can regenerate the email to receive a second copy of your web reference number by clicking on Forgot your Reference Number?
22. How can I contact VFS Global?
If you have any questions, please contact us directly through our online query page. Please note that all communications is in English only.
23. How can I provide my feedback for the services rendered?
Gulf Air and VFS Global welcome your feedback. Please use our FeedBack form to send us your comments.
24. Is there a minimum browser requirement?
Yes, Internet Explorer 10, Google Chrome 43, Firefox 38, Opera 29, Safari 9.
25. What is meant by working days?
All days except weekends and public holidays in Bahrain are considered as working days. Friday and Saturday are considered weekend days in Bahrain. For a full list of the Kingdom of Bahrain’s public holidays
26. Can I apply for a Bahrain visa if my passport has a single name?
Yes, you can apply for a Bahrain visa with a single name on your passport. However, this rule does not apply for Pakistan nationals.
27. What types of visas can I apply for?
Please refer to the table below:
28. Can I apply for Extension or Renewal?
No, you cannot apply for Extension or Renewal using this service.